Wednesday, April 28, 2010

medallion earring pattern

I'd been toying with the idea of working up a pair of earrings for awhile.  I don't make jewelry in the traditional sense.  I've always been afraid that if I allowed myself to learn, I'd have beads everywhere!  and I already have yarn everywhere!

Anyway, here is what I came up with.  I was pretty happy with how they turned out!

I used a small amount of aunt lydia's cotton crochet thread in white and a size 9 (1.15 mm) hook.  Gauge is not really important here.  You want a fairly tight stitch and try to make sure your gauge is consistent.

Medallion Pattern:  Ch 3.  Sl st to beginning ch to form a ring.  Row 1:  Ch 3.  Make 20 dc into ring.  Sl st to beginning dc to join.  Row 2: Ch 4.  Skip one stitch and sl st in next stitch.  * Ch 3, skip one stitch and sl st in next stitch. *  Repeat the pattern between ** completely around the circle ending with a sl st in the stitch where you began this row.  Row 3:  In each ch space, work sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc.  When you have completed this pattern in each ch space, sl st to beginning sc to join.  Fasten off and weave in ends.  Attach your earring hooks to your completed medallion by simple inserting them in the desired position.  I used 'beadalon' ear wires I purchased at my local craft store.

4 comments:

  1. Hello there!

    Thanks so much for sharing this pattern, it's really pretty. You made me laugh about the "beads everywhere part".

    Thank you again.

    Crocheting Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so dainty and beautiful! I'll give these little beautys a try!
    http://www.theperfectpearpair.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the other way around - started with jewelry, filled the house with beads, discovered knitting, and now the nooks and crannies are stuffed with yarn! Super cute earrings! Since I started with knitting, I'm TOTALLY intimidated by crochet! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete